SAP Fiori is a bracket for hundreds of applications by SAP to provide a modern user interface to SAP ERP and S/4 HANA.
Fiori applications are browser based and run on every important platform such as:
- Android smartphones and tablets
- Windows and Windows Phone
SAP Fiori covers the most important processes from the SAP Business Suite. This includes for example:
- Workflows via the My Inbox Fiori app
- SAP CRM - Accounts, Contacts, Activities, Leads, Opportunities and more
- HCM - CATS Time Entry, Leave Requests, Employee Lookup, Team Calendar and more
- Travel and Expense - Travel Request and Approval, Expense Reports and more
- Logistics (SD) - Check Availability, Track Sales Orders, Customer Invoices and more
- Logistics (MM) - Order from Requisitions and approval workflows
- And much more!
The best thing for SAP customers - Fiori applications are free and without any license or maintenance fees and can be up and running within days.
SAP UI5 applications can be developed with any type of editor like Eclipse or via the WebIDE, which SAP provides in the HANA Cloud Platform.
UI5 based applications can be hosted on premise or in the cloud.